Happy Thanksgiving everyone! The pumpkin cheesecake just went in the oven and I have an hour or so of down time before I resume baking. I thought I'd tell you about a tradition my family has on this day. After we have stuffed ourselves on cornbread and cranberry and lots and lots of mashed potatoes, we go around the table and tell everyone what we are thankful for.
So in that vein, I'd like to share with you all those things that I am thankful for:
- I am thankful for the Boyfriend, who has been an invaluable partner in this blog, and allows me to drag him to all kinds of activities he never would have done otherwise.
- I am thankful for good friends, who indulge me with scavenger hunts, the HBO dance and embassy open house days.
- I am thankful to live in a city where all the museums are free, with cherry blossoms some people travel thousands of miles to see, and where you can run into presidential candidates on the street.
- I am thankful for faux gras, and deep fried Milky Ways.
- I am thankful for unique places at which I can get all my Christmas shopping done early while still avoiding the mall.
- I am thankful for the Cowgirl Creamery, and that the Dupont Farmers' Market stays open year-round.
- And I am thankful for you, all you people who keep reading and who leave me comments, without whom it would sure feel lonely at my computer.
Have a delicious, safe and happy holiday!