Find party invitations for any occasion at eInvite.com. Personalize, preview, and order your invitation instantly.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Thing 45: Vermilion, Revisited

I feel it is my duty to inform you that Vermilion's special strawberry cocktails in the month of June have morphed into special melon cocktails for the month of July. There will, presumably, be some other summer-fruited cocktails in the month of August (and I am hoping against hope for peach).

The melon cocktails I tried are amazing.

The "champagne supernova" was a flute of prosecco garnished with three small balls of honeydew melon which had been soaked in rosemary and just a touch of ginger. I was so excited I don't have a picture of it. I was too preoccupied with the sweet, rosemary-tinted champagne and the exquisitely flavored melon balls at the bottom of the glass.

Then I tried a martini with vodka, watermelon, and garnished with basil. The watermelon took away the bite of the vodka, leaving sweet pinkness instead, and the basil, soaked with watermelon and spicy with its own licorice taste was pungent and delicious.


Cocktails are $9. And order some hush puppies with house made blue cheese dressing while you're there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosemary and ginger soaked melon balls in champagne??? YES PLEASE

dc365 said...

Hurry hurry! They'll change fruit specials at the start of next month!