Find party invitations for any occasion at eInvite.com. Personalize, preview, and order your invitation instantly.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

One Year, 100 Things

Three hundred and sixty five days ago, this little guy was born. Yes, DC365 is celebrating its first birthday today. In that time, I've pushed myself to see new parts of the city, visit museum exhibitions I might have been too lazy to see otherwise, took walking tours, read books about my city and ate at all kinds of fabulous and not-so-fabulous restaurants.

100 Things down, and 265 to go (!). I hope you will all continue to check in, read up, leave comments and explore the city with me.

What better place to celebrate my 100th Thing than Napoleon, where I found myself on Friday night. Napoleon is a little French bistro and lounge in Adams Morgan where they have a veritable cornucopia of champagne cocktails?! If you like champagne, champagne cocktails or just a fancy night on the town, head to Napoleon. Wear your heels (I was woefully underdressed), enjoy the DJ playing that loungy-pop music that I've never heard outside of venues like this one, and sip away at one of the many champagne cocktails on offer.

One year ago: the mission statement, Wonderland trivia, and Cowgirl Creamery.

You can also join me over at the Cork & Knife. This week: Battle Leek!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! I look forward to reading your continued adventures.

Anonymous said...

Happy blog birthday! I've been reading since the beginning, or damn well near it, and I've been enjoying it a lot.

dc365 said...

Ladies, thank you! I appreciate your devoted readership. It's been a very fun year!!

Annie said...

Here's a great idea for a new "thing" - a free upcoming event in Dupont Circle April 10.

---

KaBOOM!, a non-profit that helps build playgrounds in communities that need them, is conducting a one-day WE Play! (Workshop Entirely on Play) training in Washington D.C. on April 10. Participants can learn how to fundraise, build and advocate for great places to play in their communities.

This training is open to anyone interested in learning how to build a playground and start advocating for the cause of play among children. In the past, we’ve had parents, PTA leaders, teachers, community leaders, business professionals, parks and recreation departments, school districts, and regular individuals from communities across the country who just want to make their city or town better.

You can check out a sample WE Play! agenda and learn more at www.kaboom.org/weplay.